Re: tlug: VNC for remote viewing

One of the people on the team that put the VNC together is Quentin
Stafford-Fraser http://www.orl.co.uk/~qsf, who designed the original cambridge
coffee pot site http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/coffe/qsf/coffee.html .

Another Cambridge person who has done free ports of LCLint and most importantly
of Spiec2G6 and Spice 3F5 (electronic circuit simulators that are most
marvelous) to the Win environment (are there Linux versions? someone tell me
where they are) is http://www.willingham.demon.co.uk/mikespag.htm .

Steve Carter

Jonathan Byrne--3Web wrote:

> >Something I recently discovered (thanks to an article in the Jan/Feb
> >issue of IEEE Internet Computing) is the Virtual Network Computing
> >remote display system.  This GPL'ed system will allow you to display
> >your X or MSWindows desktop across the net.
> >
> >Also quite cool.
> >
> >http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc/

Stephen N. Carter
Information Technology Manager
The American Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ACCJ)
3-25-2 Toranomon Minato-ku, Tokyo Japan 105
Ph:  +81-3-3433-5381   fax:  +81-3-3436-1446
http://www.accj.or.jp