tlug: Naive VM question

    Kei> I have trouble sending to the mail list.

I can't see anything wrong with the headers you sent.  I don't know
what you mean by "name conflict."  I'd need to see the whole bounce
message, including all of its headers, from the listserv.

    Kei> Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
    Kei>  statement 1 > (setq vm-spool-files '(("INBOX"
    Kei>  statement 1 >                         ".INBOX.crashbox"
    Kei>  statement 1 >                         "mailhost:110:PASS:kfur:*")))

Oops.  The docs are correct, and the last two strings should be
exchanged.  I don't use POP so it's not a real example.

    Kei> Also the spoolfile is a file used for local mail server to
    Kei> serve for other computers on the local net.  It is not
    Kei> convenient to be erased everytime VM is initiated.  Or using
    Kei> POP will delete a mail after read by VM?

I believe that VM does delete the mail read using POP from the
server.  VM assumes you want to keep your mail archives locally.  I
don't know if you can change this.  The POP feature is not well
documented yet, so I'd have to read the code to find out.  If you
really want to use the POP server as an archive, try Pine; I believe
Pine has a complete implementation of IMAP but I don't know if its POP
implementation is that flexible.

An alternative would be to set up a cron job to get new mail using
fetchmail, which will dump it into your local spool using SMTP.

HTH

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
a word from the sponsor: