tlug: Re:

From: Marcus Metzler <mocm@example.com>
To: tlug@example.com <tlug@example.com>

> > 1) Can Linux be booted from an MO disk?
>If it is SCSI and you can change the ID to 0 or one than it should work
>if your SCSI controller has a BIOS and allows such things. I can boot from

My SCSI controller is an AMD onboard chip.  Right now, there are no SCSI
devices in the machine, so making an MO disk the first device should be no
problem if I get one :-)

> > 3) If we're still on a yes roll here, can the boot device also be the
> > backup/restore device, or does its containing the root file system
preclude
> > this?
> >
>How do you intend to make the backup. Onto another MO disk? Then not.

Yes, I was considering using the an MO drive as a backup device, spanning
several disks with full volume backups of the hard drive.  Oh, well.  Back
to the drawing board :-)

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691