tlug: ran out of input data - System Halted

Is the cute message that is displayed when I try to run a newly compiled kernel.
Lilo is working of course, and lets me run an older kernel instead.

I have followed several times the make menuconfig / make dep / make clean /make
zImage / steps...

I compiled twice the same kernel, linked it from / , but it doesn't work.

The new kernel just adds the driver for an ethernet ne2000 card (Windows 95 says
it is a ne2000 compatible card).

Suggestions? Thanks!

regards,

dm