Re: tlug: Setting up Samba

From: "Jonathan Byrne--3Web" <jq@example.com>
Subject: tlug: Setting up Samba
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 14:20:58 +0900

> The SMB daemon is
> started at boot and is running, so I know that part is at least working, but
> Samba is proving a bit challenging to figure out.  Can somebody who is

One thing to watch out for (assuming that you've set up everthing on the Linux
side), is that the Win95 machine you are using to access the SAMBA enabled
Linux box has the Microsoft Network Client bound to TCP/IP [see the TCP/IP
section of the n/w control panel].  Otherwise Win95 won't be able to see the
SAMBA machine.

tim :)
a word from the sponsor: