Re: tlug: Turbo linux and Apache.

On Fri, Apr 03, 1998 at 05:44:59AM -0600, Masato Uesu wrote:
> I tried installing Apache (RPM) but there are just too many failed
> dependencies.... I'm confused. even /bin/sh was one of failed
> dependencies. I NEED to have apache running on my machine.

I recall reading that some versions of RPM (pre 2.4.10?) could result
in a failed dependency for /bin/sh for RPMs created with recent versions.
The current version of RPM is 2.4.12.

And yes, some of the dependencies are getting a little carried away...
with no differentiation between what is necessary for basic functionality
and what is necessary for full functionality.  (I don't know if that is true
for Apache, but it certainly is for Python.)

--
Jim Tittsler, Singapore         7j1ajh@example.com

a word from the sponsor: