Re: tlug: KDE Beta2 or Beta3?

Scott Stone wrote:

> Anyone here using KDE?  I need to know if Beta2 is more stable/better than
> Beta3, or vice versa (and I need to know today if possible).  Can anyone
> help?

I used KDE2 for about one or two month (on SuSE 5.0) and switched about
two weeks ago two Beta 3 (now on SuSE 5.1, though). IMHO it is more
stable and I had less trouble since I use it. It also includes some nice
new tools like the SysV Init Editor and the User Manager some off the
apps we've seen in 2 are more stable, though a few are not ready for
prime time yet (mail client to name one).

The language support increased quite a bit I think 3 supports about 16
new languages (most off the Europeans but no Japanese yet. :-(  ).

urs
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station