tlug: TLUG Domain Coordinator

Hi,
I would first like to thank everyone for their valuable comments
regarding the registration of the TLUG domain.

We have a volunteer for the position of TLUG Domain Coordinator.
Masato Bud Uesu <bud@example.com> speaks Japanese
and English and is eager to contribute something back to the
community.

After discussion, I think that the original list of responsibilities
is still valid.  In addition, I'll volunteer to work with Masato if
he has any problems with the procedure.

Responsibilities for TLUG Domain Coordinator
  1) coordinate with Scott, John, or someone else to get primary DNS
     set up on the TLUG server with tlug.ml.org.  Or, tackle it yourself
     if you want to.  However, the skills we're looking for are more
     people administration and the ability to read Japanese and English.
     If you're not comfortable with the technology, it is daijyobu.

  2) Register with NIC for the tlug.ml.org domain.  See
     http://www.ml.org for more information.  This is totally free.  :-)

  3) Get a feeling for what domain the group wants to go for next.
     The trend seems to be tlug.gr.jp.  Just post on the list a few
     times, "hey, how about tlug.gr.jp?  Any other suggestions?"
     See http://www.nic.ad.jp/jpnic/domain/domain-name-gr-trans.txt
     For more information.

  4) when you get a feeling for the desires of the group, do the
     registration with JPNIC.  See http://www.nic.ad.jp for more information.
     The registration is entirely in Japanese and done by e-mail.
     You must be able to read Japanese.

  5) arrange with Scott to get their ISP to register the new TLUG
     domain in the JPNIC registry and arrange payment to PHT if required.

  6) that's it.  Sit back and relax.

 ---
Once we get the hardware, we need to get a volunteer for the DNS
and set it up as the primary, then the TLUG Domain Coordinator
can register with NIC for tlug.ml.org and JPNIC for tlug.gr.jp
(or whatever the group decides on).

If anyone else wants to apply for the non-officer position, speak
out now.  If there is more than one volunteer, the officers will
vote on one person to be team leader. If no one else steps forward,
I'll start working with Masato on Friday, Tokyo time.

---
craig@example.com

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: