tlug: I am sorry things getting out of hand.

I am sorry there is a misunderstanding.
I am not malicious.
I should have concretely stated what seems to be the problem
to me again at least in the future.
Things go like this:

At the meeting, People donate money, Mr. Craig goes shopping
for snacks with donated money.
This is absolutely OK. Nothing is wrong about.
This is kind of dutch treat. People instantly agreed to buy
the snacks with donated money and sent Mr. Craig.

But, then time goes by. TLUG advocates its agenda on Internet and
on other journals. So there will be people starting to donate
to TLUG but, for some reason never show up at the meeting.

At the current accounting, donation is accounted as revenue,
So people at the meeting see suddenly the surplus in cash flow and
think perhaps it is OK to order lunchbox instead of snack as long as
it is not in red ink.

Then I ask what is rational to stop spending for more food than
other projects which TLUG advocates?
What I see at TLUG finance report on the web is just a cash flow
statement. It doesn't show where money came from.
And no body can attack or defend the cash flow statement.
But, as far as I see there is nothing to stop spending for food.

Then as I proposed if donations are accounted for capitals,
food spending can not be discounted for expenses, but accounted
as some kind of asset, probably goodwill. Then this goodwill
starts to accumulate, if food spending keeps going.
Then people who donate but never show up at the meeting see
the balance sheet and notice the scale of goodwill ask things.
And only way to write-off this goodwill is to reduce capital.
then to reduce capital, members need to vote.
Thus you have health accounting if TLUG advocates its cause
publicly and intends to grow.
That is also why I thought some kind of vote system is needed
outside the physical meeting.

I thought this was the point Mr. Craig's accountant was
trying to say.
And I thought this was an issue.
The coefficient of unity is also weight so voting weight is
secondary thing and could be criteria of some decision.

Again I am sorry this caused the commotion.

Regards,
Kei.

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
Featuring Tague Griffith of Netscape i18l talking on source code