tlug: my server

Well, my server started acting up *really* bad.. Not sure if trying to
compile the kernel on it caused that or not, but the load was up to 256
(not kidding you), and I had to reboot it.  Had to hard-reset it, too,
since the network controller seemed to be in an infinite loop.  After
repairing everything with e2fsck (duplicate blocks, unattached inodes,
lotsa nasty stuff), everything's back up.  Not sure what caused that, but
I *did* take the opportunity to turn off Video bios caching in the CMOS
and also to turn off USB, since I noticed that the BIOS was telling me
that the serial controller and the network card were *both* trying to use
IRQ 11 (pci network card).  Plug and play my ***, I really wish they'd
start making hardware with jumpers again.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
Featuring Tague Griffith of Netscape i18l talking on source code
a word from the sponsor: