Re: tlug: majordomo 'who' command

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Ken Harada wrote:

> I am aware of this in regard to the SAPM problems, but I would still
> like to have the member list available to the members.  May be we
> compile a separate listing rather than the automated majordomo
> reply?

I think it is a good idea to have the list avaliable to the members as
well.  You'll get the addresses when yo ureceive mail anyway. But I _do_
think it is a good idea to have this only avaliable to members subscribed
to the list.  This is a flag in the majordomo.cf file.  Easy to do.  I
feel that members of the list should be trustworthy enough for this.  As
a precaution, the comfirmation of subscriptions to the list should be
turned on.  We could even co further by only allowing members of the list
to post.

Marc Christensen	       |  Check out the linux-access pages.
SysOp CDSS University of Utah  |  linux-access - Making a difference!
http://ssv1.union.utah.edu     |  http://ssv1.union.utah.edu/linux-access/

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
Featuring Tague Griffith of Netscape i18l talking on source code
a word from the sponsor: