Re: tlug: W95 and Linux

I have to agree with Rob.  You can load several versions of Windows on the
same machine.  The only exception being, if you load Windows NT it must be
on a FAT partition in order to use your machine as a dual boot.  There is a
good article in Windows Magazine January issue dealing with dual boot
systems.  There example shows you how to load Win95 and Win98 on the same
machine.  In the February issue there is a good guide on how to do the same
with Win95 and WinNT.

My wife uses both the Korean version of Windows95 and the English version of
Windows95 on the same machine.  You must make sure that you install one of
the versions in a folder other than the default "Windows" directory.  Then
you must use the command "attrib -s -r boot.ini" so that you can edit this
file to let it know you wish to use it as a dual boot system.  After you
have edited the boot.ini file issue the command "attrib +s +r boot.ini" to
hide it again.

Check out the article in Windows Magazine, it will really give you all the
information you need.  The same information is also in the book entitled
"Peter Norton's Complete Guide to Windows 95" which also covers the Win95
OSR2 release.  Hope this helps.

Blaine

Alan B. Stone
Senior Technical Representative