tlug: Accounting goodwill

Hi,
Since I have been to the last meeting for the first time,
somehow I am thinking how to orgnize more effectively.
Because regional group members have diverse interests and
different level of expertise regarding Linux and computers
in general. those should be addressed more properly and make
everyone almost happy.
So far I don't know the common grounds your arguments are
based on, I can only say my ideals.

This deals with accounting:

1) capital instead of donation.
   if I assume donation is main part of fund raising,
   I want to take them as investment rather than
   donation, so money as asset is accounted for someone
   who invest them. So there should be book keeping that
   show them clearly, and Executive branch feel responsibility
   clear accounting even if the organization is not for profit.

2) goodwill too.
   some members are actively participating in the particular
   projects, working hard and contributing their resouces.
   I think those are also accountted as goodwill in at least
   unit of time, So this gives budget bases, reports.
   in case of failure, at least causes of failure will be
   known and accounted for.

 3) inuvas
   inuvas may never get dividends or rewards, they could
   get sense of worth a while, get voting weight as
   stockholders. could set a goal more difinately.

 4) News server instead of maillist.
   if there are newsgroup for projects, project participants
   could address their own interests more systematically
   than maillist.

Regards,
Kei.

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station