Re: tlug: -The TLUG Server-

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, John Little wrote:

> %
> % ...try and do a drop in PHT, distributors of Turbo Linux.  John Little
> % has agreed to donate the hardware.
> %
>
>    Oops! It's been a while since I fired up that 486... and it now comes
>    up with some sort of hardware error when powered on or reset. It still
>    works, but unattended reboots could be a bit sticky.
>
>    I'll have another look at it tonight (if I have time) and post the
>    exact error message. Maybe someone with Compaq experience will be able
>    to pinpoint the problem.
>

> 				-John-

Might be a keyboard problem.  I have a screwy 106-key Jap keyboard here
that requires a power-off reset, or it won't work.  If I do a warm boot or
even use the reset switch, the bios claims there's no keyboard there.

Anyhow, you shouldn't need to do any unattended reboots.  If you need to
reboot it, you could just tell me, since I'll be right here at PHT with it
:)  What error(s) is it spewing, anyway?  I have some compaq experience.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: