Re: tlug: graphic chipset

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Domenico Carlucci wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's the first time for me that I write an e-mail
> to this mailing list.
> I deal with Linux system, but I'm not an expert.
> I bought a laptop Canon 5500GX with neomagic
> chipset (NMG4) and I've been told that Linux
> doesn't not support such chipset.

You are right the Neomagic is not supported by Xfree86, but
is supported by Accelerated-X.  You can order it for a little
less than 3万円 I believe.  In Japan you can order it from a
company called ぷらっとホーム.  You can find their web page
at:  http://www.plathome.co.jp.

I have this server for my notebook and it works well compared to
using the Xfree86 VGA server with 16 colors.  Now I have 256 colors.
Not great, but much better than 16.

Rob

Robert Bickel, Lecturer
Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering
Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
2-24-16 Nakacho, Koganei-shi, Tokyo 184
Phone:     +81-423-88-7103
FAX:       +81-423-85-7204
Home:      +81-422-42-5615
Cellular:  +81-30-691-7580
e-mail: robbickel@example.com
http://kichijoji.mech.tuat.ac.jp/~rob/robw.html

In Japanese
東京農纔瘢韭絎竢踪大学、講師
〒184東京都小金井市中町2ー14ー16
電話:        0423-88-7103
ファックス:  0423-85-7204
自宅電話:    0422-42-5615
携帯電話 :    030-691-7580

Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.