Re: tlug: ADMIN: home page update + disc quota mondai

Hi all,

Craig Oda wrote:
> > With the addition of this page TLUG has reach a milestone, and a
> > problem. I recall (correct me if I'm wrong, Craig) that the disc
> > quota for TLUG is 5 MBs, but....
>
> It should be 15 megs.

Excellent news - at our present growth rate that should last about a
year:-)

>Are you getting quota violation warnings or something?

Nope, just forgot about the 1 in front of the 5;-)

> > Does anyone have any further thoughts about getting TLUG it's
> > own server somewhere?
>
> I think this should be a group goal.

Agreed, but how do we go about doing it? Increase fund-raising
activities? Solicit donations from other corporate sponsors (TWICS is
doing more than it's fair share)? Sell TLUG versions of Linux on
CD-ROMS?

As I recall:

John Little has offered the hardware (a 486),
finding a fast connecton close to the backbone is difficult,
hardware maintenance is an issue.

On a related note, Craig's Linux Journal article is: The Tokyo Linux
Users Group Grows Up ( I can't wait to read it!). That begs the question
- what are we going to be when we leave the nest and have to fend for
ourselves?

Regards,

Jim S.
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: