Re: tlug: Sound

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Rob Bickel wrote:

> and by copying files to /dev/dsp or /dev/audio, I can hear the files.
> That is cat message.au > /dev/audio will result in my hearing the
> file message.au, etc.

Just a thought, try do a comparison of your slackware and
redhat /dev/ directory.   Do you have all the devices set
with the same ownership and permission?

Regards,
Craig

Say, I wonder if Japanese works in Pico?    私の名前は小田です。

Whoa, cannuum under pico.  I didn't use kinput2 for that one.

------
craig@example.com
PGP Public Key   http://www.twics.com/~craig/personal/pgp/

Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.