Re: tlug: Java

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Alan B. Stone wrote:

> I loaded the JDK-1.1.4 libraries and Kaffe/kaffe-bissawt.  I'm trying to
> run the java version of ICQ.  I followed the instructions to the letter,
> I've even recompiled the kernel to support Java binaries, but everytime
> I run ICQ I get a segmentation error.  Can anyone help?  I'd like to get
> java up and running.  Thanks,

I'm using JDK1.1.5 and have used kaffe0.9.2 on Linux successfully.

JDK1.1.5 requires glibc6, including X with locale support compiled
in.  Red Hat 5.0 and Debian Hamm do not distribute X with
locale support compiled in.

Can you run the demos of the JDK?  Maybe you should strip out
kaffe?  I'm not sure if kaffe is fully stable yet.

If you tell me where ICQ is, I can test it for you on my system.

Regards,
Craig

------
craig@example.com
PGP Public Key   http://www.twics.com/~craig/personal/pgp/

Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: