Re: tlug: inittab question + Caldera

Hi all,

On 15-Jan-98 Dennis McMurchy wrote:
>> >  [ 4. Optionally put a line like this:
>> >     xv -root-quit~denismcm/wallpaper/newfoundation.jpg
>> >     in the /var/X11R6/lib/xdm/Xsetup_0

>> Very cool, but it creates a colormap problem for my box

>  What I'm talking about only affects the login screen itself.

Unless you make the mistake I made which was to use a GIF with
this. For some reason the .xsession background color wasn't
getting done (something about not being able to connect to the
server) and the wallpaper stayed:-( I saved the GIF as a JPEG and
the problem went away.

>>  Is this covered in O'Reilly's X Window System Administrator's
>>  Guide?

>yes, it is all there in Chapter 3,

Thanks to amazon.com, my copy is in the mail:-)

Regards,

Jim S.

Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
Barometer, n.:
    An ingenious instrument which indicates
    what kind of weather we are having.
http://www1.harenet.or.jp/~schweiz/
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: