tlug: inittab question + Caldera

Hi all,

I was just playing around with my Slackware box (am I the _only_
TLUGer using Slackware anymore?), messing with this and that,
and I decided to try booting directly to X.

So, I changed /etc/inittab thus:

# Default runlevel.
# id:5:initdefault:
id:4:initdefault:

and yep, it boots right to an X login. Funny thing is, though, it
doesn't read ~USER/.xinitrc anymore.

I haven't been able to find where fvwm is coming from. grepping
through /etc and /etc/rc.d didn't turn up anything, and there's
nothing in the man page for init about it.

Does initdefault need to point to something else?

On another note, Caldera sent several copies of their white
papers:

        Caldera Open Administration System
        Caldera Open Administration System: Technical Notes
        The Linux Operating System in a Commercial Setting

and another OpenLinux Lite CD. Sorry I can't get them to you in
time for Wed.'s meeting, so if anybody wants, I'll mail
individual copies to people and if any are left over we can add
them to the library. (First come, first served.)

Regards,

Jim S.

----------------------------------
Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new
Triple-Iso-Bifurcated-Krypton-Gate-MOS process ..."
http://www1.harenet.or.jp/~schweiz/
Next TLUG Nomikai: 14 January 1998 19:15  Tokyo station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.  Or go directly to Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: