tlug: Mule-begotten problems for Emacs and Gnus

Tlugers,

I want to mention the most serious Mule-inspired objections to Emacs
20.x in an article I'm writing for LJ. Actually, the original
article was written last March, long before the official Emacs-Mule
merge, and now that LJ is finally getting around to schedule it for
printing, I find that a number of those who belong to the Faith of
Emacs are crying out ... in pain. Anybody know why?

It doesn't use Unicode and the documentation is woefully inadequate *
... I know about these.

* In April, 1995, I bought a book on Mule that turned out to be mostly
on Emacs (in Japanese, ISBN4-7561-0300-6) and that helped
slightly. And I looked through some of the early Japanese
documentation, too, which allowed me to at least install and run
it. Sort of. But it wasn't until Stallman wrote the info documentation
that was to end up accompanying Emacs 20.1 that I could get the
beginning of an overview.

I'm asking the same question of members of the ding (Gnus developers) ML.

Any help or opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jon Babcock
jon@example.com

Next TLUG Nomikai: 14 January 1998 19:15  Tokyo station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.  Or go directly to Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: