Re: tlug: [Q] Emacs Outline mode for LaTeX doc (fwd)

Craig wrote:

> Anyone have any comments on elisp and whether it is worth it
> to learn if I only intend to use it for Emacs
> _configuration_, no development.

Even so, knowing some basic elisp makes Emacs an even more
powerful tool.  Basically, because it allows you to combine
build-in lisp functions to customized functions which you
then can bind to some keys or even combine into a simple
(minor) mode.

> Also, is there an easier to use documentation site or book
> with lots of code fragment examples with explanations?

I don't know a good book (which doesn't mean that there
exists none), but you can learn a lot from looking at some
of the elisp files that come with Emacs.  If you, for
example, want to configure some mode, try to understand the
basic functionality of the elisp file implementing the
mode.

Cheers,

Manuel
Next TLUG Nomikai: 14 January 1998 19:15  Tokyo station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.  Or go directly to Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: