tlug: Slackware 3.4 CD out there?

  Hi all,

  Thanks again to everyone for all the advice I received about the
problems I was having upgrading my kernel from 2.0.30 -> 2.0.32 .
In the end, it turned out that reloading all the kernel sources
from CD solved all the problems I was having with compiling and
patching.  The sources on the hard disk must have somehow got messed
up.  It was a good opportunity to learn more about kernel compiling,
though.  I had previously not noticed that you need to scroll some of
those dialog boxes when using 'make xconfig' to get all the options.
When I started using 'xconfig' I guess I already had a .config with
the options that would otherwise have been missing.

  Once again, I was a little too far away down here in 九州くんだり
to make the recent meeting.  It did look like lots of fun, though.
Thanks to John Little for making available the photos.  It would
be great if someone could caption those, so I could put some faces
to the names that constantly turn up on the TLUG list.  One of these
days I'll make it to a meeting (probably the day the Hakata chapter
of TLUG meets for the first time ;-)

  Finally, I wonder if anyone out there has Slackware 3.4 .  I know
it's on the Linux Japan #5 CD, but I just can't see shelling out Y1,800
just for that.  I'd be much obliged if someone could lend me a copy.
I'll return it promptly.  If anyone can help, my postal address is:

Tojinmachi 3 - 2 - 51,	唐人町3丁目2の51、
Chuo-ku, Fukuoka,	中央区、福岡市
Japon   810		810

  The postage for a single CD shouldn't be more than Y240.  I'll include
that amount in stamps when I return the CD.

  And speaking of being too cheap to pay for software: has anyone had a
chance to see what makes Pacific Software's Turbo Linux 日本語版 worth
a whopping Y30,000 ?  From what I've seen of their other products, it's
hard to imagine that the cost is justified by anything other than the
colourful box.

  Cheers,

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka