Re: tlug: Kernel compile problem

>>>>> "Dennis>" == Dennis McMurchy <denismcm@example.com> writes:

Dennis>>   Hi all, Just thought I'd apply the last two (stable) kernel
Dennis>> patches and move from 2.0.30 to 2.0.32.  Most unexpectedly,
Dennis>> I'm getting the following compile error

-----8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------

Dennis>>   Has anyone else run into this problem?  I'm using the same
Dennis>> /usr/src/linux/.config that I compiled 2.0.30 with.  Surely
Dennis>> this is not the problem, though.  The problem file
Dennis>> aic7xxx_seq.h was apparently modified during this morning's
Dennis>> patching.

Dennis>>   This is line 484-5 of that file:

Dennis>> #define AIC7XXX_SEQ_VER "$Id: aic7xxx.seq,v 4.0 1996/10/13
Dennis>> 08:23:42 deang Exp $" 0xff, 0x6a, 0x93, 0x02,

The define seems to be where it shouldn't. I don't know how it got
there but I don't remember having any problems upgrading to
2.0.32. You could try using the patch-kernel script from a clean
source tree.  It's linux/scripts in the kernel source.

I can mail you the offending file if you want, but there may be other
things lurking in there so it may be better to start over again.

Hajime Saito

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: