Re: linux CDROM purchasing [was Re: tlug: Yutex]

> > ...version 5.0 of red hat linux is comin up from dec 1 1997.........
> > does somebody know a shop where i can find  linux software/os etc.....i
> > heard about a shop in akihabara.....kind of far away from the
> > station.....selling japanese/english linux software...........
> > pls advice....
>
> Laser5  (03-5296-0670)
> Plathome  http://www.plathome.co.jp

 According to my experience it takes at least one month for new version
arrive at Laser5 or Plathome. 'Red Hat 4.2' took one month. 'S.u.S.E5.0'
took four months. Both 'Red Hat 5.0' and 'S.u.S.E.5.1' will appear at
the beginning of December. Let's see when these software will be
available in Kanto Area.

Even though you can't purchase the latest version in the world, you
can buy the latest versions in Japan at both shops. So pay a visit.

Take care.
Masa    Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>
TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out