tlug: Calling all users....

Hey all,

I don't know if any of you read the Stars and Stripes newspaper, but it
is one that is usually sold to persons who live on military bases.

To get to the point, AT&T Jens, who provides Internet Servies for the
local bases is claiming that their price of $35/month for a 28.8K
connection (supposedly Unlimited Access) is inline with other services
both here and in the US.  They are also claiming that "Power Users" are
taking up so much time that they have to start terminating accounts.

Here's what local Japanese customers pay:
AT&T Jens Sign-up fee - Yen 3000
AT&T Jens Monthly fee - Yen 2000
Connection rate - I believe it is now up to 33.6K maybe higher.
They also get space on the server for home pages, I believe 10Mbs.

Here's what we pay on local bases:
AT&T Jens Sign-up fee - $50
AT&T Jens Monthly fee - $35
No space for home pages.
28.8K connection, although it takes forever to get online.

Could you all help me out?  I would like to hear from all Linux Users.
If you can, please answer the following questions:

1.  Your ISP Name
2.  Sign-up fee
3.  Monthly charge
4.  Connection rate
5.  Do you get threatened with termination if you stay online too long?
6.  Is there a max number of hours you can use your account?
7.  Any other info you all feel applies.

I would appreciate Linux friends even from the United States and abroad
answering these questions.  Those who had service in the US please let
me know that too.

I know this may seem extremely strange, but I feel that AT&T is taking
advantage of us, since they know we really can't use any other service.
I thank you all in advance.  I want to compile this information and send
it to the Newpaper so they can print it too.

I might also add that AT&T Jens refused to support Linux when I asked
for help getting online.  Their reply to me was "we don't support those
really old operating systems."

Thanks,

Blaine
--