Re: japanese pine patch [was Re: tlug: gcc bug in SlackWare 3.3]

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Robert J. Bickel wrote:

> > Can you send me the binary or make it available?
>
> I put the binarys in /pub in kichijoji.mech.tuat.ac.jp.  Anybody
> is welcome to ftp it using anonymous ftp.  It was compiled using
> the makefile as is from ftp.noc.titech.ac.jp /pub/tmp/aki/pine.
> The file is /pub/pine.tar.gz

Robert,
thank you for making this available.  I actually managed to
compile it from source through a bit of trial and error.
As they say, がんばらないと上達出来ない。  The Japanese seems
a bit cleaner.  I haven't had the 化け文字 yet.  let's see
what happens.  If this is stable, I wonder why there is
no package for it.  Pine is a nice mail reader.  The only thing
that I wish I could do is call up edict.el from within my
電子メール when I read it.  I'll probably write up some sample
documentation for the procedure based on the available source.
It might be worthwhile for someone to become the debian and
rpm package maintainer.  I'm still using the Mule editor as
my alternate editor because I like the keystrokes a bit better.

Regards,
Craig

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out