Re: japanese pine patch [was Re: tlug: gcc bug in SlackWare 3.3]

Well, to cut right to the chase, I am writing this on a newly compiled
pine 3.96 with the Japanese patch.  Yeah.

I had no problems.  I did the following:

/% tar xzvf  pine3.96.tar.gz
/% cd pine3.96
/pine3.96/% tar xzvf pine3.96lj1.1b7.tar.gz
/pine3.96/% patch -p1 <pine3.96lj1.1b7.diff

At this point I read the README file in /pine3.96 and it tells you
to make all kinds of changes to the make files pine/makefile.lnx
and pico/makefile.lnx.  I when I went to make these changes, I found
everything was already done as I was being instructed to do, so
for my case, I didn't need to make any changes, just compile with
the script that pine provides.  This script is located in the
/pine3.96 directory.  It is call build and you just need to supply the
three letter code for your machine.  Linux is lnx.  So I typed:

/pine3.96/% build lnx

After about 5 minutes, I have the pine what I am now writing with
that can do 日本語 without invoking the alternate editor and
so far (crossing my fingers) no 文字化け.

>  change -lterminfo   to -lncurses

I didn't do this, so ....

> if your system does not have the terminfo libs.  Mine doesn't.
>
> >From the command line,
>
>   # ./build lnx
>
> niji:/usr/lib$ ls *canna*
> libcanna.so@        libcanna.so.1.0*    libcanna16.so.1@
> libcanna.so.1@      libcanna16.so@      libcanna16.so.1.0*

I have:

kichijoji:/usr/lib$ ls libcann*
libcanna.a            libcanna.so.1.0.2*    libcanna16.so.1.0.0*
libcanna.so@          libcanna16.a          libcanna16.so.1.0.2*
libcanna.so.1.0@      libcanna16.so@
libcanna.so.1.0.0*    libcanna16.so.1.0@

New canna libs it looks like.

> and
>
> /usr/include/canna/
> with
>
> niji:~/apps/pine/pine3.96/pine$ ls /usr/include/canna/
> RK.h          jrkanji.h     mfdef.h       patchlevel.h  symbolname.h
> canna.h       keydef.h      net.h         protodefs.h   widedef.h

I have

kichijoji:/usr/lib$ ls /usr/local/canna/include/canna
RK.h       jrkanji.h  keydef.h   mfdef.h

Notice my directory is different.  Could pine be looking for you includes
in /usr/local/canna/include/canna and not finding it?

Keep me posted and let me know if you need any other info about my
system.

Long live pine.

Rob

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out