Re: tlug: Getting XFree 3.3.1

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 bickel@example.com wrote:

> I am using a matrix mystique as well.  I believe from XFree 3.3, there is
> support for the mystique.  You will have to use the SVGA driver though.
> I am currently using XFree 3.3.1.
> If you or
> anyone else needs my XF86Config file, I will send it to you separately.

  Hi Rob,

  Thanks. It is encouraging to know that someone is actually using X on
the Mystique.  I would be very grateful if you could send me a copy of
your XF86Config.  This might actually allow me to get things working
without downloading the whole XFree distribution.  The 3.3.1 XF86_SVGA
server works fine with my existing two-year-old installation, even
though some of the directories it expects to find (like xkbd) don't
even exist!  It is amazingly robust!  I just can't cook up an XF86Config
for the Mystique, though without a lot more files.  XF86Setup, for
example, refuses to run without everything in place (fair enough too).

  So, your configuration would be a real help.  Of course, I then still
have the problem of the onboard video adapter getting in the way, but
that's another story.

  Thanks again for the offer.

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: