tlug: Diacritical marks

In my academic work, I have to supply not only kanji but also
transliterations into English of Japanese terms.  Very often these
transliterations require the use various diacritical marks such as
macrons, acutes, umlaut, and the like.  The present problem that I face is
that, although I can input, display, and print kanji, I do not know how to
input, never mind display or print, diacritical marks.  I have Mule
working with the jserver (wnn) on Red Hat v4.2 and print using cnprint.
I use a standard (i.e., non-Japanese) keyboard.

I would very much appreciate any help that can be provided regarding this
issue.

Sincerely,
John

P.S.
Does anyone have a read on whether or not the Linux version of WordPerfect
supports Japanese?  The recent posting on porting the JWP to Linux has me
wondering if there are any wordprocessors on Linux that currently--and
adequately--support the input of multiple languages, specifically English
(with diacritical marks) and Japanese.

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)
a word from the sponsor: