No Subject

2 afterstep problems:

1. if you are using graded titlebars, menu items and/or dock buttons
then you will eat up lots of colors - there is a way to turn this
off in the .steprc file, but Afterstep is uglier that way (of course)

2. The pixmaps it comes with for your icons are very color rich.  There
is a set of icons somewhere on the net that all use the same 21 colors.
You could also check out the AIcons site for replacement icons (they
also all use a small, shared set of colors).

Sorry I don't have the URLs handy

The KDE beta is quite nice.  It's clearly beta, I've had some small
problems - but you can definitely see where it's headed.  And it's
much improved from the last time I'd tried it.

-Oly
Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)
a word from the sponsor: