Re: tlug: TLUG membership stats?

Hello:

Thanks for the stats (and all the other information).  Interesting.

So far, I've been lurking on the list, partly because I've been too busy to
do much with up-and-running MkLinux system, but also partly because I
haven't seen any MkLinux users on the list.  So that is my question: are
there any?

Also, I'd like to announce that the current update (#5) is now available
for MkLinux DR 2.1 at:

ftp://ftp.mklinux.apple.com/pub/Updates/DR2.1update5/

Thanks for the list,

Jay

>Hi,
>I was going through the mailing list admin to dereg a user
>and I stumbled across some stats.  There are 119 members on the
>main TLUG mailing list.  Of these 49 end in .jp and 16 are from
>a provider like TWICS or GOL that offers a .com e-mail address,
>but caters mainly to people living in Japan.  So, there are
>at least 65 TLUG members in Japan.  In addition there are several
>e-mail addresses like tibco.com and sbi.com where the TLUG member
>is using the mail server on an U.S. company, but is physically
>in Japan.
>
>Also, I didn't look at the digest members.  So, I would say
>that a rough estimate would place over 80 TLUG members in Japan.
>Amazing, we continue to grow.
>
>Regards,
>Craig

Jay Melton (mailto:jay@example.com)
Prefectural University of Kumamoto
1-100 Tsukide 3-chome
Kumamoto 862 Japan
Phone: (096) 383 2929  (O's not necessary outside of Japan)
Fax:   (096) 384 6765
Homepage: http://www.pu-kumamoto.ac.jp/~jay/jay.html

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)
a word from the sponsor: