tlug: New mailing lists !?

Hello everybody,

Last TLUG meeting on Saturday 11th was an awosome one. It
seems TLUG is going to be far more active for the next
months.

During the meeting, I proposed to create new mailing lists, in
order to avoid an uncontrolled growth&overflow of the current one.
For example, one for HW & SW "bugs", or another one for the TLUG
administration, or another one in japanese (Japanese people would
trust themselves to participate without language barriers).

Actually, it is not necessarily a good idea. Almost all of newly
created mailing lists die because of lack of e-mail exchange.

The better would be to start thinking now if it's a good idea or
not, and if it's a good idea, which new lists should be created.
The proposals would be then voted by everyone.

For this task, I propose the following schedule.

We can discuss this theme via e-mail or during our november's week-day
meeting. It would be nice if "everybody" would send a text telling what
he currently expects from the list, if he thinks it's a good idea to
create new lists, and which ones, before the 5th of december. He can
send this e-mail to the list or to me. I would then prepare a kind of
summary for december's meeting.

Proposals would be then discussed during the december meeting. A final
"voting proposal" (Sorry, my english is rather poor) would be sent
afterwards by e-mail so that everybody can vote. The decision would be
met by the 20th of december, whether or not to create new lists, and
which ones.

That's all for now,

Demian

PS: please send comments and advices in order to become a better
TLUG member!

--
Demian Martos Rian~o (Yiyan Demiamoto)        VULCANUS III 1997-98
Universidad Politecnica de Madrid   Ingenieria de Telecomunicacion

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)
a word from the sponsor: