tlug: tk4.2-jp and japanese characters

tlug note from d94magth@example.com
I have a small problem with displaying hiragana in tk4.2-jp.
I read a list of words written in hiragana from a file and store them in
a list. When I later try to pick out a word from the list to display it
in a label it turns out like this:

$B$o$?$7

The file is made using mule. There is no problem writing the whole list
in a kterm using 'puts'.

Could someone please help me out here, please?

--
Magnus Therning ( d94magth@example.com )
http://www-und.ida.liu.se/~d94magth/

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997