Re: tlug: Memory use

tlug note from Leo Glynn <pal@example.com>
Hi Dave
Here is something from REDHAT on this
I had the same problem but can't remember what I did

There are a couple things that could be wrong. On some 386's, you need
to compile your kernel
with ``Limit memory to 16M?'' enabled. Some AMI BIOS motherboards have a
memory option to
split memory into two segments. I'm not sure what the option is called,
but it has something to do
with ``linear''. You'll find it in your BIOS setup. You may need to
specify the amount of memory to
the kernel at boot time from lilo. To try this, type: linux mem=32M at
the lilo prompt. If that
works, you can add that line to the append in your /etc/lilo.conf and
rerun lilo. The example from
above would be:

                     append = "mem=32M"

Don't forget to run `lilo' after editing the file.