Re: tlug: SBAWE32 vs. soundfiles

tlug note from Totoro <riley@example.com>
>tlug note from Christopher Wiles <wileyc@example.com>
>On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Totoro wrote:
>
>> With RH 4.2 and the errata, I'm unable to play regular sound files like
>> *.au and *.wav. However, audio cd's play just fine.
>
>Are _any_ error messages generated when you execute "cat whatever.au >
>/dev/audio"?  If so, you're most likely dealing with an IRQ conflict.

That's what's confusing me. There are no error messages at all. When
I run a "cat" to the /dev/audio it takes a couple of seconds for the
process and then returns to the prompt. Just like all is well but no
sound comes out.

Thanks!

David Riley
Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki  Hachinohe-shi  Aomori-ken  031