Re: tlug: Meeting Schedule++

tlug note from craig@example.com
> tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>
>
>     Joe> Also, I talked with the guys at Laser-5 today, and they said
>     Joe> we could put up a poster at their shop for TLUG.  They seemed
>
> This is a great idea.

I agree with Stephen and Joe, let's expand the TLUG community.
Laser-5 is a hangout for Linuxers in Tokyo.

>     Joe> The auto-mailback is something I can do from here (HSBC)
>     Joe> easily using the "vacation" program ... but maybe there's a
>
> The address should be @example.com, like Majordomo.  In fact, since
> Majordomo already handles a list index and a list description
> function, why not review the Majordomo tlug description and put
> anything relevant in there?

I've sent Joe the password for the mailing list administrator.
The information file is really old, so if anyone wants to update
it regularly, let me know and I can send you the password and
other administrative information if you want it.  Updating the
info file is done by e-mail is is pretty easy.

>     Joe> better way - suggestions anyone?  Hopefully I can get a
>     Joe> couple of other places in Akihabara to put up posters too.

By poster, do you mean A4 size paper that TLUG prints out on paper?
This should be sufficient.  You might want to put the TLUG logo
on it so that it catches peoples attention.  Also, my feeling is
that it is good to get more Japanese people involved, but that
it is better to keep the meeting language as English.  My feeling
on this was that English is the international language of Linux.
I'm pretty glad about this since I've heard that Finnish is a really
difficult language.  Unfortunately, I think many Japanese Linux
users might be intimidated of TLUG due to the language.  Perhaps
we can have contact information in English and Japanese so that
a newbie Japanese person could ask a question in Japanese without
having to send English e-mail to a stranger.  I imagine that after
a few contacts or a physical meeting, people will feel comfortable
enough to write in English.

So, I think that the poster should clearly indicate that the meeting
is in English, but that Japanese speaking people are certainly welcome.
Also, there should ideally be a Japanese e-mail address where members
can send questions in Japanese and get some reassurance about
attending a meeting before they take the plunge.  I think that we
should try and make everyone feel as if they are part of an
international nakama.

Go TLUG.

-- Craig