Re: tlug: Kanji cut & paste from Netscape

tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>

On Sun, 25 May 1997, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

> tlug note from "Andrew S. Howell" <andy@example.com>
>
> I'm not sure how I did it, but I broke something. I used to be able to
> cut and paste kanji from Netscape into xjdic. Any ideas?

Andrew,
you might want to check out my home page at:
http://www.twics.com/~craig/linux-nihongo.html

There is a small program for the locale setting.  If you preload
the locale library, then load Netscape, it works fine.  I open
up a kterm and Netscape all the time and always cut and put
from Netscape into Jim Breene's xjdic22sa (an awesome program).
I have found that I can create a mini kterm that is about 40 characters
across and maybe 6 lines in length.  This fits nicely in the space
to the right of the Netscape menu bar.

The binary in the package I have on my home page uses an old
c lib, so you should just recompile it.  Communicator 4.0 does
not have that nasty lib incompatiblity problem, so you can just
use the recent c libs.  There are also some cool .Xresource
samples in the appendix so you can get the book marks and menus
to be in Japanese if you want.

You should also be able to cut and paste Japanese into a form
and also the buttons come up nicely.  That 検索 button never
came up before.

Also, since I updated all my libs, Netscape doesn't crash on
www.wired.com anymore and Java is pretty stable.

Feel free to ask me more questions about this.  I've done
this a number of times.

Regards,
Craig