Re: tlug: Once again sendmail problem/solution

tlug note from Jason Molenda <crash@example.com>
> 	# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
> 	#DS  Dennis commented this out and added the following line
> 	DSrelay.gol.com
>
>   I haven't tested it a lot, but the piece that was stuck in the mail
> queue earlier has now gone out without any fuss.
>
>   I don't really know what I'm doing, so if anyone has any thoughts on
> unforeseen consequences of making this change, please do weigh in.

There's nothing wrong with doing this.  You can get the same effect by
addressing mail to user%their.host.co.jp@example.com -- an address
like this wil first go through relay.gol.com and then go to
user@example.com

Spammers sometimes route their mail notes through people's sendmails
(which is essentially what you're doing), and if gol ever moved to
block this practice in their sendmail configuration, you could possibly
get messed up in the process.  But that's the only caveat I can think
of.

Oh, and if relay.gol.com goes down, your mail won't go out.  Presumably
they keep this host up pretty well, though.

Jason