Re: tlug: XEmacs & XIM, redux

tlug note from Steve Dunham <dunham@example.com>
Craig Oda <craig@example.com> writes:

> Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> >
> > Now I see how this works, you not only have to request "--with-mule",
> > but you also need to say "--with-xim" (apparently you don't need to
> > specify "=xlib" or "=motif", though).  Evidently if you request
> > "--with-mule" but do not request "-with-xim", "-with-wnn", or
> > "--with-canna" you are assumed to default to using Quail/SKK for
> > input.  It's not clear from configure what happens if you compile with
> > multiple input methods defined.

> Thanks for the tip on --with-xim.  Where did you find this?  Was there
> something like --with-kinput2 or something?  I wouldn't have known about
> --with-mule if Steve Dunham hadn't told me about it.

  configure --help

I'm currently compiling 20.2 (which is released) with XIM and wnn enabled.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

It should compile ok. AFAIK, --with-wnn just links in libwnn and
defines some new lisp functions.  --with-xim should be completely
independent.

I got kinput2 compiled (although I'm using it with wnn, and it isn't
very comfortable in conjunction with wnn - I much prefer egg-wnn.el)
and tried it out with kterm.  It works on Linux (I'm having problems
on my Ultrasparc at work - kterm segfaults in OpenIM()).

Steve
dunham@example.com