Re: tlug: A Question on Creating Linux Partitions

tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>

    Jim> I second that. I used to use LILO, but when I got a bigger
    Jim> disk that needed those extra overlays to get around the
    Jim> limited support from the BIOS, the MBR could no longer
    Jim> accommodate LILO. (It took a long painful night, and two
    Jim> reformats of the disk to determine this.)

Hm?  How big is that disk?  I use LILO from 2 different 1GBs and 2
different 2GB drive.  The 1GBs are both SCSI, the 2GBs are an EIDE and
a SCSI.

    Jim> Since we run a triple system (DOS,Win95,Linux), booting up in
    Jim> DOS and hitting LOADLIN is simple.

How do you do this?  Or when you say "triple system," do you mean the
"DOS mode" that comes with Win95?  When I loaded Win95, I lost the
ability to use DESQview/X.  DV/X depends on QEMM386, which does not
cooperate well with Win95's version of DOS.  I miss that mainly
because it had a solid FTP, which Win95 doesn't; keeps crashing when
downloading over a PPP link.

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi