Re: tlug: Japanese Email in emacs

found that many of the members there use Mew.  I would make the
switch, but I've gotten comfortable with the IMAP capability
of pine.  However, I would like to use something within mule.

One thing I miss about using mh-e was the ability to do a dictionary
search on a word as I read my Japanese e-mail.  Back then I was
using trans and trans.el.  So I just did C-c C-t.  Right now I'm
doing a cut and paste from the Pine reader into xjdic22sa.  I can
check my words when I am writing mail.   BTW, Edict, Kanjidic, and
xjdic are really awesome.  It is a way of life.  I now open up
a small xjdic window on my desktop at startup.  The terminology is
quite concise and doesn't take up too much desk space.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I switched from trans-trans.el to
edict.el as my main interface to Edict/kanjidic within mule.  The speed
of the lisp file within mule makes me want to try skk as the input
method.   I was reading Linux ÆþÌç by Toppan publishers and it said
that SKK was an Japanese input environment written in Emacs Lisp

Regards,
Craig