tlug: FWD to SCSI-2

tlug note from joem <root@example.com>

tlug note from gaijin@example.com (John Little)
>>  If you put the narrow devices on the end of the chain it should
>>  work.  Many of the newer wide devices have automatic termination
>>  for both halves of the wide bus.  When a narrow device is added,
>>  the wide device will terminate the unused half and pass through
>>  signals to the narrow device on the other half. I've done this
>>  with Sun equipment, but I don't have any experience with PC based
>>  F/W controllers

I've been trying to use IBM 4.3Gb Fast Ultra's (SCSI-2 type, but I
think they get called SCSI-3) on different equipment.  So far
everything has been fine (Linux PC's, Sun Sparc 2/5/20's, and the
HP 9000 Single-Ended SCSI bus) except when I tried to hook them up to
the HP 9000 Fast Wide Differential (68 pin) bus.   Then they don't get
recognized properly even with a recommended connector.  Does anyone
know how to hook up to FWD?

-Joe.