Re: tlug: Looking for Japanese regex routine

tlug note from Paul Gampe <paulg@example.com>
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Ken Schwarz wrote:

kls>Can someone point me to source for a Japanese regular expression
kls>processor?  What I have in mind is a function which takes a pattern
kls>string and target string and returns true or false depending on the
kls>match.

Do know if this will help you, but we use perl 5.003 with Japanese
extensions to do this. Check out the following url for the source
locations of perl and japanese patches:

http://www.gavo.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~hase/admin/install/perl-5.003.html

Cheers,
Paul.

mailto:paulg@example.com     phoneto:81-3-3351-5977     faxto:81-3-3353-6096
The students learn that effective action arises out of silence and a clear
sense of being.  In this they find a source of peace.  They  discover that
the person who is down-to-earth can do what needs doing  more  effectively
than the person who is merely busy.  - Lao Tzu's    "Tao Te Ching"   500BC