Re: Apache and Java cgi

paulg> You can usually get further information about why the cgi
paulg> is failing by looking in the error_log.  If you have
paulg> installed in the default directory you can find it in:
paulg> /usr/local/etc/httpd/logs/error_log.

Paul,

thanks for the hint.  I have solved one problem and found another.

I get this:
[Sat Dec 14 21:50:59 1996] access to /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/newtest.class failed for localhost, reason: script not found or unable to stat
devzero: Permission denied

I then became a standard user instead of root and did:

cow:/usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin$ ./newtest.class
devzero: Permission denied

Checked permissions:
-rwxrwxr-x   1 root     root          497 Dec 14 19:45 newtest.class*

I can run other cgi-bin programs:
cow:/usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin$ ./test-cgi

CGI/1.0 test script report:

I wonder why I can't run the java application.  I've tried
changing the user and group to craig.

I'll keep messing around with it.