web server

Hi all,

Steve T is right, I do have a server configuration problem with the
Apache server I'm trying to set up.

After the guestbook and links page success - decided to get a copy of
cgiwrap for mself so I downloaded cgiwrap-3.5.tar.gz ran ./Configure and
make and put it in the cgi-bin. After setting all the permissions, what
d'ya know - it works great on Linux!

But, when trying to recreate the links page I've run into:

Redirecting STDERR to STDOUT

Setting Limits (CPU Usage)

Environment Variables:
     QUERY_STRING:
'title=test&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.try.com&section=Linux'
      SCRIPT_NAME: '/cgi-bin/cgiwrapd'
        PATH_INFO: '/~root/tests/cgi-bin/links.pl'
  PATH_TRANSLATED: '/root/public_html/tests/cgi-bin/links.pl'
      REMOTE_USER: '<NULL>'
      REMOTE_HOST: '127.0.0.1'
      REMOTE_ADDR: '127.0.0.1'

Trying to extract user from PATH_INFO.
Retrieved User Name 'root'
User Data Retrieved:
   UserID: 'root'
   UID: '0'
   GID: '0'
   Home Dir: '/root'

Script Base Directory '/root/public_html/cgi-bin'

CGIwrap Error: CGI Directory Not Found.

I've been doing this experiment as root since you have to muck around
with permissions etc so the test script is at
/root/tests/cgi-bin/links.pl.

It seems, I've messed up the public_html part of the .conf files and
will concentrate on that this evening. I just want to share this
experience and ask if anyone has any germain advice.

Jim S.