RE: Jim Breen's patched kterm

    Dennis>   Hi, Thinking it might be fun to play around with the JIS
    Dennis> X 2012 character set, I picked up some stuff at Jim
    Dennis> Breen's site at monash.edu.au.
[snip]
    Dennis> Unfortunately, I can't get the patched kterm sources he
    Dennis> provides in kterm212.tar.gz to compile.  When I do the 'xmkmf
    Dennis> ; make', things churn away for a bit, and then I get this
    Dennis> fatal error:

    Dennis> In function `fd_intersects':
    Dennis> util.c:1386: `FD_SETSIZE' undeclared (first use this function)

grep(1) is your friend, ask him:

turnbull:~$ fgrep FD_SETSIZE /usr/include/linux/*
fgrep: /usr/include/linux/modules: Is a directory
/usr/include/linux/posix_types.h:#undef __FD_SETSIZE
/usr/include/linux/posix_types.h:#define __FD_SETSIZE   1024
/usr/include/linux/time.h:#define FD_SETSIZE            __FD_SETSIZE

Try including <time.h>.  If you want to know why, don't ask me.  It's
a stupid POSIXism, see /usr/include/linux/posix_types.h.  (FD_SETSIZE
is the number of file descriptors that can be open at one time,
process-wide, as you'll see if you read that file.)  Why kterm needs
to know such a thing, I don't really understand (it's not in
kterm-6.2.0 and I don't have the kterm212 source); Breen may be
checking for an error condition if kterm tries to open too many files.

Steve

--
                           Stephen John Turnbull
University of Tsukuba                                        Yaseppochi-Gumi