Re: Japanese language email problem (cont'd)

  Hi,

  I posted some Japanese text to the list yesterday and asked if it
was readable or not.  It was, although I now realize that Windoze
and Mac people can probably only read new-JIS (and not EUC) encoded
mail.

  However, I still have a problem with my correspondent not being
able to read the Japanese text he gets from me (although he runs
Windoze.for.95Sheep.J and can apparently read other Japanese language
mail, e.g. from his provider).

  He sent back some of the (new-JIS) stuff that I had sent him, and
it looks like this:

>   _$BKLL=M-5{!$B6L>`*rJ!#rJG7Bg!$ITCNB6Q\@example.com$Li!#2=<)`*D;!$B6L>_(B

  This looks just like what Steve Turnbull was talking about when he
wrote:

	If it's mojibake romaji, look for )B at the beginning and
	$B at the end.  This means that the escape characters
	(0x1B) are getting stripped out.

  Does anyone have any idea how to solve the problem?  (My
correspondent runs Win95J on Mitsubishi DOS/V hardware.  I'm afraid  I
don't know right now what mailer he is using, but he has mentioned
MS-IME95.  As for providers, I use gol.com, he is using a local
Kyushu-kundari new and cheap provider called try-net.or.jp, which might
be suspect - but remember, he can read their Japanese language mail to
him).  What does it all mean, if anything ?-)

Dennis McMurchy,
Tojinmachi, Fukuoka