Re: Netscape 3.0

On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, Shige Abe wrote:

> How do I get buttons in web pages to display in Japanese?  Text is
> displayed perfectly, but buttons just show "garbage".

I have this same problem with Netscape.  Let me know if you solve
it.  I also cannot input Kanji into forms.

> Also, this is off-topic, but how much does Win95J sell for in Japan?

29,800 yen retail price.  You may be able to find it close to 20,000
yen on the street.  However, my humble opinion is that Linux is
a better choice.  Windows '95-J is known to be more unstable than
Windows '95.  Windows NT 4.0-J is coming out this week at 45,000 yen.
This is probably going to be better than Windows '95-J.  If you do
real work on your computer, stability is probably a high priority.
Linux has been very stable for me.  Linux is infinitely more fun,
perhaps the real reason for its following.  I did have some fun
with Windows '95-J by upgrading it to 4.00.950a, patching the kernel,
and updating all my MS Office applications.  However, without the
source code or really knowing what I was upgrading, the satisfaction
is greatly diminished.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096
Customer Service: 3351-5481   Corporate Sales/Support: 3351-8452