>From naoto@example.com, on 6/16/96 9:25 PM:

 ----------
From:  majordom[SMTP:majordom@example.com]
Sent:  Saturday, June 15, 1996 1:15
To:  tlug
Subject:  Net Providers for Interop?

Hi,
  I'm interested in working with some of you who are ISP's in Tokyo.
  We're
preparing for Interop Tokyo, and I'm planning to have a Intranet, as well
 as
stations setup for browsing through E2 and possibly and E3 line to the
states from Makuhari.

I must be really new in this world. I have to ask you what you mean by
 ISP.

Let me know if you're an ISP and interested.  We can provide a lot of
exposure for your company, maybe default some stations to your signup
 pages,
but we'd want some support during the show and for setup.

I am interested.

Our main focus is to show ATM 25, ATM 155, and Fast Ethernet (Adaptec
 just
acquired Cogent (www.cogentdata.com)) running very fast.

We'd like to see Intranet apps with live video, and bandwidth intensive
plug-ins.  We'll also be sending and receiving video on the Interop
 backbone.

If this interests you, email me at my work email address:
tmatsumu@example.com, or here at tedm@example.com

Do you work at adaptec? I mean the company that makes SCSI controller?

I guess this is a company event. My company is just about to start
 intranet service, so we could learn a lot by participating in it.
 Unfortunately, It takes great deal of convincing before this company
 participate in anything. I would appreciate if you could send me more
 information.

sorry for the non linux content, but I know there are at least a couple
 of
good Tokyo ISP people here.

It's ok. I tried to install it on my PC at home but did not succeed, I
 guess I did not have right SCSI driver (If it exist).
I am thinking about buying new PC by the first week of July with summer
 bonus.
If you have any suggestion, I would appreciate it.

BTW, Linux running *may* be a possibility.  Haven't yet checked if Cogent
has Linux ethernet drivers (or is it vice versa ;))

Naoto

Previous From: naoto@example.com
Previous To: Tetsuya Matsumura@example.com
Original to: Tetsuya Matsumura@example.com